Where to get the best raw dog food in Burlington
The raw dog food diet is one of the most well-balanced, nutritional diets available for your pet. The diet contains a large amount of protein from eggs, raw meat, dairy, fruits, vegetables, and natural supplements. The raw dog food diet also eliminates processed, heat treated, and grain-based extruded materials.
Raw Dog Food is the Best Choice for your Pet
Raw meats, bones, supplements, vegetables, and fruits are all components of a healthy raw dog food diet. High in protein, the raw food diet eliminates processed non-human-grade foods and fillers present in most commercial dog food products. The diet is also low in carbohydrates, which are often the cause of allergy and digestive problems. Carbohydrates are a small part of the raw dog food diet, as opposed to commercial foods, which are heavy in carbohydrates.
Raw Dog Food Diet Recommended by Vets
Raw dog food diets have been commonly recommended by veterinarians in European countries for almost a century. Misconceptions about the raw dog food diet seem to stem from fears of parasites, e. coli, and salmonella. Yet for decades these European countries have seen little or no cases of parasitic infection. While these parasites are often contracted by eating raw, wild game, parasite issues are far less likely from properly handled, human-grade foods.
Ingredients in the raw food diet include:
- Whole raw chicken, pork, quail, fish, lamb, rabbit, and other ground animal bones and meat
- Organ meat like kidneys, livers, and hearts
- Starchy vegetables like carrots, spinach, broccoli and peppers, which are often shredded or ground
- Fruits like whole apples, oranges and pears
- Whole raw eggs
- Yogurt, cottage cheese, shredded cheese
Note: This is only a partial list of some of the foods found in the raw pet food diet. Back to the Bone store located in Burlington has the best dog food available for your dog.
Benefits of the Raw Food Diet
- Offers a 100% natural and nutritionally-balanced diet based on what dog’s have eaten for thousands of years
- Cleaner teeth and gums and fresher breath
- Improved behavior and disposition
- Healthier coat and skin
- Better digestion and stool
- More energy and a healthier immune system Offers variety and options for your dog
- Weight control, both in gaining weight or losing excess fat
- Carbohydrates are often the cause of allergy and digestive problems; carbs make up a small part of the raw food diet as opposed to commercial foods, which feature carbs heavily as ingredients
- Free of preservatives, sweeteners, additives and fillers found in commercial food
Ready to get Your Pet Started on Raw Dog Food ?
Give us a call today on 289-337-4577 or come and visit our Back to the Bone store in Burlington, we have everything you need to get your dog on a raw dog food diet.